Most Uncalled For....

Recently, I received a letter from my jeweler of choice...Cartier...that as one of their clients I should be made aware that the flagship store will be closed due to renovations.  I can still visit them at a temporary location (somewhere in the 700 block of 5th Ave).  Well, of course I saved the letter on my office bulletin board.  I mean really, where else would I take my vintage babies for a spruce up?
The iconic red bow has become as symbolic of conspicuous consumption for NYC during the holiday season as the tree at Rock Center!

I just hope they don't change the second floor again.  I liked the first incarnation much better.  It is like a lounge for Cartier watch wearers. You must be patient and wait your turn, behave like ladies and gentlemen, or you will be politely asked to leave.  I have seen this happen with my own eyes.  Yes...there is a civil place left...and it is the Cartier building...level 2 please.
And I must add, I have also witnessed a finely dressed lady try to pass of a very good knock-off as the "real thing" for repairs.  The staff was most polite when explaining the difference.  Viva la France!

As always...xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts