The Temptation!

Oh the temptation of having a treasure trove of hand-picked antiques, vintage, and modern furnishings right next door to our real estate office! This little Chinois box definitely belongs in my personal collection.  It is a tobacco box from a wonderful dealer I found in England who sends me wonderful 19th century objects of desire!
 Luckily, my two "major domos"(Joey and Aubrey) continually remind me that things like the rent, new inventory, etc. have to be paid for, not to mention salaries!  What's a fella to do?  I can't help it that I love pretty things.  
This piece of blue and white of museum quality (ca.1890) definitely should be at my house...but I have no space to do it justice.
A ca. 1891 railway map of North and South Carolina just returned from the framer.  This was supposed to be a surprise for "da hubby".  Surprise!
This collection of ca. 1753 Irish heraldic crests would look wonderful anywhere.  I "floated" the pages on a charcoal silk mat with a carved almost rose gold frame.  The colors jump at you!  
This 19th century engraving (original frame) made the cut only because of a shipping error.  It arrived on the front porch, so of course I just had to hang it, at least for awhile.  The black marble and reticulated brass tazzas never made it to the shop either...shhhh!

I guess it's a good thing that my house is full (our rule is if something comes in something must go) and I don't have much I want to see go.  Also, so many of our clients are such dear people who give these treasures I find "forever homes".  
"FOO" used to live among my boxwoods, but now he guards the door and wards off evil karma.  Believe me...he is in a better place.  I change his ribbon so he never feels neglected!

A hoarder I am not, but a second home somewhere would be divine.  Just imagine the decorating possibilities.  That reminds me...we can help you find that first, second, or third home.  If you are downsizing, we have resources to help you "unload" those treasures you can live without...we do it all the time.

Remember....at DT&CO we sell more than a house...we sell a lifestyle.

As always...xx.DT


Comments

Popular Posts