The Power of the Purse

My "old friend" Janey and my new friend Cathy have approached me to participate in a charity they are involved in called "The Power of the Purse".  Personally, I haven't a clue what a purse has to do with the charity other than it may hold the power of the checkbook!
My personal pattern from Hermes.  Looks great with orange!

Anywho, I have been asked to do a "tablescape". You know the drill, a bunch of 60 inch rounds done by decorators and florists surrounding a ballroom.  I have agreed due to two factors...Janey (and now Cathy) plus Frances Schultz is going to be the speaker at the luncheon.  
I also have a ton of Rose medallion...could be very fresh if done with hot pinks,greens and a pop of orange. Love the ribbon idea.

Frances' mother Ruth was a hoot, and I considered her a friend. Actually, I was at Frances' first book signing when Ruth lived in the big old house in historic Tarboro...or Hysterical Tarboro...you choose.  I was there when Duvall was married and I was there when Ruth was laid to rest. She was one of a kind, and Frances is alot like her mother (best I remember).

The classic India Tree Pattern could offer a multitude of options and would give me the opportunity to pull in a bit of black and white to pop the pattern.  I think I have every piece ever made!
I also have two main issues with this task.  What china to use (I have 4 sets to choose from) and I have to go to Greenville NC.  Having been reared in Pitt County, I NEVER go east of I-95 except for funerals, family weddings, or VERY good friends.  There is nothing wrong with this area as it is really quite lovely countryside.

The bottom line is this.  I have committed. I have to make a decision.  It has to be the best table there without a doubt.  No pressure...right? Wish me luck!


As always...xx.DT

Comments

  1. Good luck and be sure to post photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to seeing you at the luncheon. I am so proud of you and all you have accomplished.
    Sending my best wishes for continued success in your business ventures, Brenda Edwards

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts