The "Double Nickel" Club

It was only recently that I heard the term "double nickel club". When I inquired about the meaning of this term I learned it meant people who were 55 years old (or older?).  It was bad enough that AARP started sending the endless mail long before coming to grips with turning 50, but now there is a club for being 55?  What should I expect next, creepy cards and dead roses?  Frankly, all I really want for my birthday this year is a big bunch of peonies!
Having never considered turning 55 some great rite of passage, finding out there is some anonymous "club" I will soon be a part of is more than a bit shocking!  Goodness....at this rate if I hit 60 there will surely be some awful new term for that (other than senior citizen).  

Guess I had better get back to writing that last will and testament.  At this rate the millenials already have my spot in the garden wall at Christ Church reserved to make way for "fresh meat" on my pew! 

Little do they know I plan to stay relevant as long as I am able...Thanks be to God!

As always...xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts