THE CALM AFTER THE STORM

It was bound to happen.  Before my feet hit the floor at 5am until I left the office after 7pm I knew it was coming.  The storm. 
 The day started like any other late July day in this part of the South...hot and humid.  Knowing the day ahead was going to be long and stressful, I made the attempt to get to the office early.  

I am a busy Realtor and am once again becoming a busy designer (by choice).  Be careful what you wish for kids...you just might get it!  In my minds eye it should all flow smoothly with smart assistants helping me along the way.  So far this has not been the case.  Alas, I am a one man juggling act too many days and too many hours a day.  My response to friends and clients when they ask me what my vacation plans are for the summer is laughter!  How can I leave? 
Back to the storm.  My sole partner in these businesses and the one I can count on to be there...Aubrey Palmer...hung right with me until we left the building.  Brave soul that she is, she weathered torrential wind, rain, and hail while working with a design client in my office.  Once the storm subsided enough that we could all make a break for it we made a mad dash for our cars.

A few hours later while trying to choke down the only bite of food of the day, I negotiate an offer on a home for a very sweet client that has had many ups and downs yet kept the faith.  All the while I am fielding texts, emails, and voicemails from clients who want to know the progress of their particular deals.

Then BOOM!  The power goes out.  A transformer blows two blocks from the house in the middle of emails.  What to do?  Take two tablets and start again in the morning.

I want each client to know that your transaction, however large or small, is very important to me personally.  With that said, I am only one person. Hopefully by the end of this week I will have someone in place that Aubrey (and me) will begin to train to help with the day to day things that bog me down.  Thank you for your patience and continued support. 
 The storm has passed.  Let's begin today fresh and carry on!

As always....xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts