WHAT'S BLACK AND WHITE AND ALWAYS RIGHT?

What is black and white and always right?  The classic cabana stripe!  I absolutely love a black and white stripe in almost any variation, but the classic cabana stripe is a go-to for me indoors and out!  

Believe it or not a good one is difficult to find!  I recently discovered one from my wonderful sales rep Jordan in the new Diane von Furstenberg collection for Kravet (great prices).  Not to big...not to small...just right! 
I once had a black and white kitchen that was beyond...loved it!  Now black and white is relegated to the guest room in a striped silk heavy satin (long discontinued) on the headboard and footboard, plus an antique button tufted slipper chair that was one of my first pieces of REAL furniture. This room is getting ready for a facelift next Spring...SHHH!
 Les Touches from Brunschwig et Fils...a fav in black and white!

But I especially love this type of stripe for outdoors.  It never competes with the garden but compliments all the colors you can throw against it...even my beloved green and white!  
A classic Southern porch...
How can you beat a black and white awning...I mean really?

So if in doubt go with the basics...black and white...then let the color come naturally!

As always....xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts