Bad nerves (a Southern thing).....

In my family it was quite common to say things like....Grandma has "bad nerves".  This could range from a slight case of the jitters to full fledged psychosis.  This week has been my "bad nerves" week.  Buyers and sellers I can handle with ease, but when my house is torn apart, I have a washer/dryer in my master bedroom uncomfortably close to my white linen drapes (custom of course), that's when I get a case of "bad nerves".



The only crews I have been able to truly count on to do what they said they would do (on time) have been my cabinet maker (Bill Myrick, a master) and Javier, my trusted painter for many years.  I am amazed that the rest of this crowd can stay in business due to the outright lies and poor time management skills.

For the most part the work is fine, even better than fine.  I am afraid that the stress if getting me.  It was the same when we ripped out the kitchen and I had a microwave, card table, and refrigerator in the sun room beside the grand piano (6'8" and black lacquer).  I was OK until a family of ants discovered a way into my makeshift kitchen.  That's when I "got the bad nerves"

Moral:  keep plenty of meds on hand and take a vacation, which I am doing next weekend.  I hope to return to a lovely white and cream marble confection I call  will my master bathroom!

xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts