Working with a contractor

As many of you know, I am in the midst of a master bathroom addition/renovation...to the studs!  I did my due diligence, ordered all my own fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.  One would think this would make the contractors work easy.....wrong!



I am now in week 7 of a 4 week project and I will not even attempt to take my blood pressure readings most days (as I should) for fear of being near stroke level.  The worse part of it all is that I have recommended this contractor to a few other clients based on a bit of carpentry his crew did around the house a few months prior.

The silver lining is that IF they come to work the project should wrap in a week....a full month behind schedule.  My only consolation is that I still hold the checkbook!  Money is the best revenge.  Moral...always get not only the specs, but also a timeline on paper BEFORE starting a project.

Off to shower and shave in my tiny guest bath...just like I have for the past 7 weeks.  UGH!

xx.DT

Comments

  1. A great carpenter does not a great GC make. The former requires one skill, the latter many conflicting skills. When I sat for the exam, nearly everyone else in the room was a framer who was sick of some GC telling him what to do. Oh, the rude awakening to come -- for them and their clients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha Anne...now you tell me! xx.DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts