Navy is the new black........

You heard me...I am obsessed with navy at the moment!  True...I have used navy for myself for many years...since childhood.  Mother was always a very stylish yet classic gal!  I am sure heaven is all the better for her presence...the angels are looking FAB!



I love navy...that dark inky almost black shade all the way to that true blue kind of shade I wore as a kid.  My first purchases for Fall 2012 have been navy cashmere (of course) and I have ordered a navy double breasted blazer.  Navy with gray, khaki (I am Southern), jeans...you name it.   I especially love a navy blazer with a black turtleneck, jeans and black Gucci suede loafers.  There is nothing better than navy with black!

I also love a navy room.  Miles Redd has done several that I am quite enamored with!  Think of the possibilities.  It is not as hard as black and does not suck the life out of room the way black does, but still gives you that totally "blank canvas"... the way a white room would...just with more style!



See how color just pops against navy....I love the orange Ming low table in front of the sofa....and mixing all the shades of blue.  Marvelous!  Apply this same mentality to your wardrobe...be fearless and stand out!

Mark my words...navy is the new black for Fall!  Timeless, classic, and all in how you use it.

xx.DT



Comments

  1. How would you feel about a kitchen with navy cabinets and white counters? I'm designing for a carriage house at the lake. Urban meets nautical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha Anne....sounds devine! What material are you thinking for the counter tops and hardware. The selection of materials could be very important, and I think the navy should be a high glossy finish. xx.DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts