Champagne? Certainly!

Have you ever noticed that bartenders always...and I mean always run the question "what will it be, or what will you have" together into one word?  I always test their patience (and knowledge of spirit mixing) just for kicks!  My current favorite is a little something I developed over the holidays with the remains of a bottle of Veuve Clicquot.  I just could not bring myself to pour  it down the drain!


Ever the creative and adventurous mixer myself, I started with a large glass of ice and a generous pour of Belvedere Vodka.  Next I layered a bit of organic pomegranate juice (just to be healthy), a splash of blood orange juice (also healthy) and topped the entire concoction off with the remains of Veuve.  A quick stir, a bit of fizz, and then a taste.  Heaven in a glass!  No longer will I have to feel guilty for popping that marvelous cork just for moi!  


I am sure this will work with lesser Champagnes, but as the saying goes...life is too short to drink cheap booze!  So cheers to you all.


Perhaps when you are doing brunch today you will order a DT...the true test of any barkeep.  At any of my regular haunts there not be a problem...just a delish cocktail presented for your pleasure.



As always...xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts