I'm a Basket Case!

I admit it.  I am a basket case, or more to the point, I am making a case for the return of the humble basket!  
Long used as a utilitarian item around the home, sometime in the 60's and 70's baskets became highly decorative.  As with all things decorative, they eventually went out of fashion and ended up in every flea market and junk shop around...to be had for pennies!

Thank goodness Mother had the good sense to save any and everything of quality....regardless of material value.  While packing up the remains of our life several weeks ago in the old 10,000 SF 120 year old building that has stored these "cherished items" for years, I came across a stash of baskets.  I had to think fast...the movers were packing faster than I could pile things on the tables!  Take or leave...take or leave...I took.   What I will use these wonderful old baskets for I do not know, but at least I have the option.
Today I went through my Pinterest pages and pulled a few ideas to share on innovative uses for old baskets in today's home.  Personally I am still a basket case!

Even Kate Spade has gotten into the act with a basket phone cover!  I smell a trend......


As always...xx.DT

Comments

  1. I am a big fan of old fashioned baskets, and we have dozens and dozens of them at Darlington. I use them for all sorts of purposes. I always get a smile when I use one to shop at the local Farmers Market, where I find them utilitarian, practical, handsome, and "green." I use them to sort laundry, I use them to hold apples and other fruit. The list goes on and on! I love baskets.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts