The South and Snow Don't Mix

Oh my!  One mention of a snowflake and the entire metropolitan area known as the Triangle turns into a million or so mindless, desperate folk whose only mantra is "bread and milk".  I am beginning to think this is a vast secret conspiracy by the dairy industry and wheat futures traders!


I am just waiting for some poor newscaster to be sent to a local supermarket to do a story on the empty bread isle and the crowded parking lot.  I never drink milk and rarely eat sliced loaf bread (the occasional sandwich or toast with my tea on Sunday morning).


Nonetheless, I am fairly certain this "event" will disrupt my schedule by at least two days.  The standard excuse from everyone one from the painter to the stockbroker will be, "well...you know I lost a few days due to the snow".  

I just have two words....global warming. Whatever happened to global warming?  I am quite sure someone far more learned than myself will say this "polar vortex" is a side effect of the melting snowcaps.  At my house we just call it weather.  

For those of you with children out of school...enjoy and make sure you have TONS of milk and bread...I heard they can go through alot of that stuff.  I have plenty of vodka, Champagne, tea, and all my scripts filled.  
That should get me through a few days of forced captivity.



As always...xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts